V-Ray Rendering Engine for Stunning 3D Visuals
V-Ray is a rendering engine that has become the industry standard for 3D modelling and animation.
With its advanced features and tools, V-Ray has revolutionized the way artists and designers create realistic and stunning visuals.
The latest release of V-Ray, version 6.10.02, is compatible with 3ds Max 2018 – 2023 Win x64 and comes with a host of new features that take the rendering experience to the next level.
What’s new In V-Ray 6.10?
One of the most significant improvements in V-Ray 6.10.02 is the enhanced GPU rendering capabilities.
With the new Hybrid rendering mode, users can leverage the power of both their CPU and GPU to achieve faster and more efficient rendering times.
This feature is particularly beneficial for large-scale projects, where every minute counts.
Another noteworthy addition to V-Ray 6.10.02 is the new Light Mix feature.
With Light Mix, users can adjust the lighting of their scenes in real-time, even after rendering.
This feature allows for greater creative control, as artists can fine-tune their lighting to achieve the desired effect without having to re-render the entire scene.
- Add masking support for Lens Effects and Denoiser layers in the VFB;
- Support for comparing VFB History images with their own Layer Stacks;
- Add custom color space options for the VFB Background layer;
- Add Light Mix Render Element from the VFB directly;
- Integrate upscaling denoiser mode from NVIDIA into V-Ray;
- Initial support for MaxUSD Exporter and USD Stage;
- Deferred loading of the VRayBitmap viewport previews;
- Support for exporting VrayRawRefractionFilter and VrayRawReflectionFilter RE in Chaos Cloud;
- Support for exporting VRayRawDiffuseFilter RE in Chaos Cloud;
- Add an option for Intel Open Path Guided Rendering in the Light Cache rollout;
- Material support for VRayLightSelect RE (LightMix);
- Cylindrical projection functionality for V-Ray Decal;
- VRayDecal to respect surface bump;
- Custom light decay for V-Ray lights;
- Override resolution per VRayPhysicalCamera;
- Add proportion guides to VRayPhysicalCamera;
- Deform Volume Grid in Volumetric, Volumetric Geometry and Isosurface modes when Bend, Skew, Taper, Twist, Melt, or Stretch modifiers are applied to them. No support for streamline and GPU viewport preview yet. No support for .vrscene rendering and Cloud rendering yet;
- Button for converting the currently shown velocity streamline preview into native 3ds Max splines;
- Add support for Compressed Textures mode on V-Ray GPU;
- Mesh mode support for VRayClipper;
- Port the “Uniform” illumination mode of the VRayMtl Translucency on GPU;
- VRayCryptomatte support for objects seen through refraction/reflection;
- Integrate VolumeInstancingTree and VolumeGrid instancing optimizations into V-Ray Standalone CPU;
V-Ray Sphere Fade
- Add an “invert” option to the VRaySphereFade atmospheric, similar to the one in Maya;
Can I download V-Ray for free?
Which V-Ray is compatible with 3ds Max 2023?
V-Ray 6 for 3ds Max supports 3ds Max 2018–2023.
On our site you can download the latest versions of V-Ray for 3DS Max